A patient representative calls the patient prior to surgery to obtain important medical history and insurance information. When the patient arrives at FASC, he/she checks the printout for accuracy and makes any changes. We, at the FASC try to prevent patients spending time filling out long forms.
To save time on the day of your appointment, please fill out these forms and bring them with you. If you have any questions, please fill out as much as you can and our staff will be happy to assist you when you come to the office.
- Patient Registration
- Authorization and Consent for Assignment of Medical Benefits
- Authorization and Consent for Assignment of Anesthesia Benefits
Note: These files are in PDF format. If you do not have Adobe® Reader® on your computer, you can download it for free by clicking here or on the Get Adobe Reader icon.
Insurances Accepted and Payment Options
We accept most insurance except for HMO’s (not including GHI, HIP, Emblem Health)
For out of network costs or co-payments, we accept cash or all major credit cards (no personal checks) on the day of the procedure.
Preparing for a Procedure
The Day Before Surgery
- Arrange for a responsible adult to accompany you to the Surgery Center and drive you home after surgery.
- Arrange for someone to stay with you for 24 hours after surgery.
- Please DO NOT eat or drink anything after midnight the night before surgery.
- Please DO NOT drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before surgery.
- Please DO NOT take any aspirin or medication containing aspirin 24 hours before surgery.
- One of our nurses will call you to go over your pre-operative instructions and answer any questions.
Day of Surgery
- If you take blood pressure or heart medication take it in the morning with a small sip of water.
- If you are a diabetic, check with your physician regarding your medication.
- Arrive one hour prior to your scheduled surgery time unless instructed otherwise.
- Please leave all valuables at home including contacts, jewelry and money.
- Please shower or bathe the morning of surgery or night before surgery.
- Please DO NOT use powders, lotions, creams or oils. Deodorants may be used.
- DO wear comfortable clothing that you can change easily and will not bind the site of your surgery.
- Dentures and hearing aids may be worn.
- DO bring your insurance card and/or Medicare card with you.
- Make sure you have someone to drive you home. Your procedure will be cancelled if you do not have an adult to take you home.
- Expect to spend approximately 30 to 60 minutes in the Recovery Room depending upon your procedure.
- Our nurses and physicians will answer your questions and go over your post-surgical instructions. You will receive a written copy of these instructions. Please follow them carefully.
- YOU MUST HAVE A RESPONSIBLE ADULT AVAILABLE TO DRIVE YOU HOME AND ASSIST YOU FOR 24 HOURS AFTER YOUR PROCEDURE.
- For 24 hours Please DO NOT:
- Drive a vehicle
- Operate any machinery
- Drink alcoholic beverages
- Take sleeping pills or tranquilizers without doctor permission
- Take part in any strenuous activity until advised by your surgeon.
- Follow the post-operative instructions given by your surgeon.
- One of our nurses will call you the day following your surgery or the next business day to make sure that you are recovering comfortably.
- If at any time after the surgery, you are having any post-op difficulties, please call 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Room.